No re-gifting, please
Time for the obligatory list of presents for some of the men who have everything, MLB’s finest.
- Jason Heyward: Earplugs, for his return visits to Busch Stadium.
- Neil Walker: Directions to the visiting clubhouse in PNC Park.
- David Price: A copy of “The Idiot’s Guide to Boston,” by Carl Crawford.
- Lee Smith, Edgar Martinez: A phone call from BBWAA secretary Jack O’Connell.
- Andrew McCutchen: Strong, healthy left knee.
- Yasiel Puig: 2013, again.
- Shelby Miller: Runs; guy went 1-16 with a 3.63 ERA after May 27.
- Brandon Phillips: A cushion (to sit comfortably on Reds’ bench).
- Jonathan Papelbon: 23 other guys who put out like Bryce Harper.
- Ruben Amaro: A nickname for last season’s Phillies GM, this season’s Boston first base coach; got it — The Benjamin Button of MLB.
- Jose Bautista: A boxed set of the 1964-67 TV series, “Flipper.”
- Don Mattingly: Healthy Giancarlo Stanton, unleashed.
- Clint Hurdle: Deck of cards, none of them wild.