Sep 7: Marte back, others still working on it
Starling Marte is back with the Bucs and back in left field — but not back atop the lineup. Clint Hurdle is keeping Brock Holt there “based on what I’ve seen the last four games — the performance and the production.”
Marte was activated after three rehab games (the last two at Indianapolis) and “has no limitations. He’s physically fit and ready to go.”
So that’s one back, five to go:
- Neil Walker (lower-back tightness) will again try swinging a bat in the cage today.
- Jose Tabata (left foot contusion) again hit in the cage (and I saw him limping back to the clubhouse afterwards) and is doing pre-game shagging in the outfield.
- Travis Snider (right hamstring) got three total down-days, something he didn’t have the last time the strain shelved him, but can pinch-hit tonight if needed.
- Chad Qualls (right big toe) will be activated Sunday.
- Jeff Karstens (right hip flexor) played long toss today and plans to throw a bullpen tomorrow.